Stainless steel cleaning is a daily routine for people at home. Today special techniques are used in order to ensure proper cleaning of such items since most of these items are in daily use or they are easily observable in homes. Stainless steel items are an integral part of our households since appliances to utensils are all made of this material. Stainless steel is a shiny and pleasant material due to which it is not usually polished which means that the bare surface is apparent in most cases. Due to this, it is susceptible to getting soiled or dirty. The utensils are also regularly used and since they need to be used again, there is a need to keep them clean. A standard stainless steel cleaning process can be performed in order to remove all sorts of dirt. We will explain the cleaning process in detail in this article.
Supplies needed for Stainless Steel Cleaning Process
There are few supplies, which will be required in order to properly clean anything from the stainless steel items. Some of the supplies and their purpose is mentioned below:
- Vinegar: It is an effective natural cleaner, which is used extensively in the cleaning
process at home. Vinegar can remove a wide range of stains and dirt from various
kinds of materials.
- Paper Towel or Microfiber Clothes: These will be needed in order to gently rub the
materials during the cleaning process. Rubbing has to be performed after applying the cleaning agent until the dirt has been removed.
- Scrubber: It may be needed in cases when the stains are sticky or difficult to remove. A sponge will work perfectly under such circumstances.
- Mineral Oil: This will polish the items after they have been cleaned. This brings a
beautiful look to the items. Olive oil is a good example of mineral oil used for the
Stainless Steel Cleaning Process
Stainless Steel cleaning process is highly significant for all the residents of a household since
they all will have to clean something almost on daily basis. The process is simple and everyone
should be able to follow through with some basic understanding. Following are the steps
involved in the stainless steel cleaning process:
- Gather all the items that you need to clean in one place.
- Prepare a vinegar solution and get hot water, which will be required during the cleaning process.
- Determine the direction of the “grain” of the item. The cleaning should be done in the direction of the grain.
- Now, soak the item in hot water so that the vinegar solution or any other cleaning
agent can be applied.
- Now, apply the vinegar solution on the material.
- Rub the area, which is most dirty with the help of the microfiber cloths or paper towels. Keep on rubbing until the dirt has been removed.
- If dirt is hard to come off, rub with the help of a scrubber.
- Now, apply hot water again to clean off the vinegar and dirt.